What happens when you lost your iphone and want to find my iPhone lost mode
Lost Mode is a feature of Find My iPhone service just like google find my device. The lost my device feature is available in iOS version 6 and the versions before. It locks your device, displays a custom message and turns on tracking so you can see its location, even if location services was switched off.
Below are six things happen when you lost your iPhone in lost mode
- Your iPhone will not display any alerts not play a sound whenever a message comes in, notifications or if any alarms go off. You will be receiving phone calls and FaceTime calls.
- All forms of credit or debit cards configured for Apple pay currently on the device are automatically suspended whether online or offline. Even apple pay is is suspended on your device until you successfully unlock and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Your IOS device tracks slight GPS Changes as to its current positions. This feature will allowing easy trace with find My iPhone logged in on a supported internet browser.
- Your device will only share it’s current GPS info ignore it’s connected to an internet service whiles it’s been disabled to use.
- If your device is online when you put it in Lost Mode or lock it, it locks and tracking begins (if applicable). If Location Services is turned off on the device, it’s temporarily turned on to track your device’s location. A confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address.
- If your device is offline, the passcode lock and tracking (if applicable) take effect the next time it’s online.
Read more:- How to use find my iphone for free to track
Lost mode what does it do to a thief
The lost mode renders all efforts of the thief to unlock the useless, it makes the phone impenetrable without the Apple ID code. Mac devices too have their own kind of lock called the activation lock. This feature can be easily activated through the Find My iPhone setting the same applies to Mac device.
As at the time of writing this article, there have not been any means yet to bypass this Lost Mode or activation lock resistant fire wall. The only option to get pass the lost mode firewall is to take the device to apple store for service.
Bad news for the thief is that no apple representative will unlock the device with proving ownership. Good news to the real owner is that you just got more leverage to track you lost iPhone.
How to find my lost iPhone/phone with Find My iPhone
Don’t forget that with the Find my iPhone service you can perform 3 functions on iphone remotely. This functions includes enabling of sound or playing of music for near by tracing, remotely erasing all files on the phone, lastly lost mode.
Below is a step by step guide on how to locate and trace your missing iPhone using the Find My iPhone free service in iCloud.
Read also:- Track your stolen phone Google find my device
- Open a web browser specifically google chrome or firefox and type iCloud.com in the address bar.
- Login with your correct Apple ID, your will then be presented with multiple ios devices.
Select the missing one from all device provided
- Now finally you can click on Lost mode and your device will automatically lock down it self until you unlock it.
How to unlock the device after finding it
It is easy to unlock the device as it can be done through two methods
Simply unlock your iPhone device by inputting your correct Apple ID or iCloud account passcode.
- Login back to your iCloud account
- Click on your name
- Select Find My iPhone, then select your device
- Then click on lost mode and input the passcode to unlock the device.
If the you find it hard to understand anything in this article concerning Find My iPhone even in lost mode please use the comment below. please don’t forget to share this article using the share button below. Thank You!!